Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's a NEW day...live in it!

Happy New Year! I know that I promised I would blog more often, but that was last year-let's move on. It's a NEW day, a NEW year...a NEW Natalie- not quite. Last year, I vowed to lose weight and I did, about 30 pounds to be exact (I still have 30 more to go)! I vowed to be a better spouse by listening more and making time for "quality time", I succeeded in that endeavor as well. I vowed to focus more time on my career path and was promoted...icing on the cake! Where to next? I often question "What truly makes us (as in people) happy?" My theory is that we are forward thinkers, we always think that when I make more money, get married, get a new car, have kids, lose weight, etc...than I will be happy. And, the truth is... you may find happiness in that, but it's only momentarily until you make yourself think it's something else you need to be happy.

Be happy in today. What do you currently have in your life that makes you happy? Remember, it's the pursuit of happiness- not a guarantee. Just thinking of this puts me at peace. I  often find myself truly living in the day. I encourage that for my friends and family as well. This year, my focus is on being happy with the things I have. I am grateful. I look around and I truly have all that I asked for- a wonderful husband, two children, a great job, my health. Don't misunderstand, I still have goals, but finding peace in today strengthens me.

Dedicated to my mother, Pauline Cole. Happy 50th Birthday Mom! I miss you. I love you.

-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment