Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Journey...It Starts

To blog or not to blog? Clearly, I decided the answer was to blog. Today I rejoined Weight Watchers after my one year hiatus, which included nine months of pregnancy and a weight gain of about 50 pounds...grr! So now that my son is 7 weeks old and the OB has cleared me- I am READY!

I need to lose 30 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and an additional 30 pounds to get to my goal weight- that's right 60 POUNDS...makes the movie 7 pounds sound like a light weight (even though it was really heavy)...if you didn't see it, I highly recommend it...ok...back to this weight "issue." I am SUPER EXCITED...I even had Ray take a BEFORE picture to be used once I reach my goal.

The Weight Watchers plan allotted me extra weekly points because I'm nursing exclusively.  On one hand, that's great because it will allow me to ease back into the plan, on the other hand, I may not lose the weight as fast as I desire. According to WW, a nursing mom should lose no more than one pound a week, Babycenter.com says 1.5 a week. My goal is to lose the first 30 by May 22, 2012- my 30th birthday. So apparently...to be safe...I should only lose 23 pounds maximum by my birthday...UGH! The sacrifice of motherhood. I am going to just focus on the plan and post the weekly weight loss...but "Imma let ya know" that I won't be mad if I lose more than 2 pounds this first week...usually the first week on any weight loss plan (if followed correctly) is the best week because you body goes into a bit of shock. Last time I joined WW, I lost over 5 pounds my first week...hopeful that this time will be the same (or close to it). So maybe I will lose like 3 to 4 pounds this week to jump start things allowing me to at least lose 25 pounds by the big day and allow spanx (thanks Sara) to do the rest...lol! #WishMeLuck

I.AM.READY! 

-Natalie
Lovin' and Livin' the McCarter Life

1 comment:

  1. Go Natalie. Dom and & I are routing for you and wishing you success on shedding those 60lbs.

    ReplyDelete